Monday, July 13, 2009

A New Experiance.




This blog is a little late but i still felt like i need to talk about it. On July 1st my sweet aunt Jill passed away. For as long as i could remember she had been my playmate. Jill had the best barbies! She always had the biggest nail polish collection, The best movie collection, and every time i went over when i was younger i would always have to go threw all of her jewelry boxes and try on all of her jewelry. Her room was a little girls dream.




Spencer and i were in Lake Powell when i hear that she was not doing well. We hurried and packed up all of our stuff and hurried home. but she passed before we even made it half way home. I was asked if i would pain her fingernails for her one last time. I was a little nervous at first but after i thought about it and talked to a couple of the girls at my salon i felt alot better about it. The following Monday was the day, i met my aunt Susan at the Mortuary in Ogden. As her and i walked into the room where Jill's body was waiting for us all nervousness went out the door and i felt peace. All though i did not know going it to this that i was going to help my aunt Dress Jill, I am glad now that i had the opportunity to help dress her. What an amazing experience. I will admit it was strange for me to touch her at first but by the end i got comfortable with it. My aunt had picked out the PERFECT dress for her. It was a pink, sparkly, flowing Princess dress. She would of loved it! After we got here hair done and her makeup on she started to look more like her self. I Painted her nails to match her dress. I had done this countless time in the past so this was nothing new to me.




I am so thankful that i got to do one last service for Jill. Jill was truly the meaning of love. And i cant Waite to get to meet the real Jill one day.

1 comment:

kacie said...

Sorry for your loss. She seemed like a good woman who was loved by all. My prayers are with you. I also am game to do whatever. I do have 3 kids so if we go to lunch it has to be somewhere that likes kids who arent quiet :) my number is 8016459989.