Monday, December 29, 2008

Our first Christmas together!


This year was a little different for the Nielson family. Chase was not here and there is a new member of our family. But all in all it has been my best Christmas ever! Christmas morning we work up to tanners LOUD music. I think his sub was shaking the house. Spencer quickly got up and turned it off for a couple more hours of sleep. WRONG soon after the boys came down stairs and pulled the plugs out of our air mattress. So we dragged our self's up stairs to open presents. on Christmas eve Spencer had let me open one present and to me surprise it was a pearl necklace! its gorgeous i love it. I thought it was my main big present so i was not expecting anything else but small stuff. Towards the end of everyone opening presents my dad handed me a little ring box it said it was from Spencer. I opened it and to my surprise there was a baby turtle in it! He is the cutest thing in the whole world. He is about the size of a quarter. We named him squirt. After we were done with presents we spent the morning making stuffed french toast and playing games. Spencer and i got ready and walked down the street to his moms for there Christmas lunch. We all get in a big circle and race to open our gifts. it was so fun to see his nieces and nephews faces when they saw there gifts. remember the turtles we got to babysit. yep they were at the Christmas party as gifts. The kids flipped! After presents we ate dinner and just enjoyed each others company. We walked back to me house around 5 to Waite for Chase to call us from his mission. We waited, and waited. then finally the phone rang! my mom and i had made bunch of treats. So was just sat around the table, phone in the middle, ate good food and talked to chase for about an hour and a half. It was so good to talk to him! He is not even the same kid that went out it amazing. After Spencer and i started to pack up all of our stuff to head home. But once we saw the snow storm we decided to just stay in Syracuse. We drove about two miles to Trisha and Luke's house (Spencer's sister) and played Rock Band tell i was passed out on the love sack. We slowly drove back and headed to his parents house where we crashed for the night in his old room. It was an amazing Christmas that we spent with each other and our family's.
My moms tree she always has the best looking tree i love it!
Spencer wearing his new snowboarding helmet my parents got him,
Spencers dad gave him a box of socks that they found when they were cleaning out his room after he moved out. his face when he saw them was so funny!

No comments: